September 27, 2012

How to Request WW II Veteran Discharge Papers

WW II Veterans Who Made It Home After the War

If the veteran brought home his discharge papers, it will give you a lot of valuable information.

 If you do not have the discharge papers, contact: 
National Personnel Records Center

You make a request, you must submit: STANDARD FORM 180

To obtain a copy of  STANDARD FORM 180, you will need to call** and leave your name and address. (The form will be mailed to you.)

National Personnel Records Center (Military Personnel Records)
1 Archives Drive, St. Louis, MO 63138
**PHONE  314-801-0800

The National Personnel Records Center might not have any information about your veteran due to a severe FIRE in 1973 that destroyed many records. 

If this is the case, you may try calling the Department of Veteran Affairs
They have addresses and information on veterans who applied for benefits.

If the Department of Veteran Affairs does not have any information, try contacting the Veteran Affairs Insurance Center.
Phone: 800-669-8477


No comments:

Post a Comment